Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Truth About Indigos

I've described myself - right at the top of my page, if you look - as an indigo adult. Now, I know a lot of you are wondering what exactly an indigo is - so this post will be dedicated to telling everyone "the truth about indigos".

I say "the truth" because there is a lot of incorrect information out there about us. For instance, that we are "angels on earth" - sure, who knows?
We may have been in another life or something. But right now, we're human - flesh and blood. We eat, drink, and breathe just like everybody else - we aspire to do things like everyone else, and most of all - we make mistakes, just like normal people do.

Nobody is perfect. Not even an indigo.

I know I'm not speaking for all indigos when I say this - but I, for one, hate being treated like I'm something above everybody else - being treated like I'm "special", or whatever. Sure, okay, I'm different.
I'll give you that. We are different. But we are also human, like everyone else in a lot of ways.
There are really only a few key differences between indigos and an average, non-indigo person. Here's what I'm talking about:

Indigo vs Non-Indigo Traits & Comparison

  • Indigos naturally rebel against any type of conformity. A lot of us have trouble in school because of this. When an adult says, "you have to do this because I'm the adult and I told you to" - we don't buy it. Why should we do what you say, just because you're older? Being an adult is not a valid reason - it's the intention behind why you're asking us to do what you want us to do. 
  • A non-indigo will obey authority because it's normal to them. They usually like to go with the flow and not "rock the boat". Indigos will "rock the boat" if told to do something they don't agree with OR are told to do "just because". We need a good reason or it won't happen.
  • Indigos are born as "old souls". What I mean by that is that as children, we hate being talked down to, just because we are wise beyond our years and quite intelligent. 
  • A non-indigo is not normally born intelligent. They learn as they grow, either through school or other means. Indigos don't work that way - that is not to say that we don't benefit from an education. We do. 
  • Indigos learn quickly - very quickly - our brains are like "sponges". If something interests us, we yearn to learn more about it. We love learning most of the time - just not in the average school system. We find them stifling.
  • A non-indigo can go either way on this. They can hate school just to hate it, or they can love school and thrive there. 
  • Indigos are born with innate, natural intuition and intuitive abilities. We're born with empathy, psychometry, and whatever else (this varies among different indigos - there is no set of abilities we all come with).
  • A non-indigo has to work to get these abilities. They have to learn them and as they learn, the abilities will manifest.
  • Indigos know when somebody is lying to them. Even if the person lying to us doesn't admit it, we know, and will eventually find out the truth. We seek the truth and hate lies and liars. 
  • A non-indigo may not necessarily know if someone is lying to them, but they do have this in common with indigos: hating liars, lies and seeking the truth. 
  • Indigos feel like they're different. Hell, we know we're different. We're constantly told how different we are. I myself feel like "an alien in a strange land".
  • A non-indigo can feel this way as well. You don't have to be an indigo to feel alienated and strange.
  • Indigos connect amazingly well with children and/or animals. They're purer spiritually and not corrupt like a lot of others are. I myself have an amazing connection with my two dogs - I love them to pieces and even connect to them on a spiritual level. (Yes, I'm serious. Deal with it.)
  • A non-indigo can connect well with children and animals, too. Again, it doesn't take an indigo to do this. There are great mothers, baby sitters and what-have-you that do pretty well with kids. There are animal trainers and owners that connect well with animals and do good with them, too. The main difference is that they may not connect with them spiritually/psychically, like indigos do sometimes.
  • About 99 percent of indigos are naturally creative. We are poets, artists, painters, photographers. We love being creative and are usually pretty damn good at it. I'm a poet, short story writer, sketcher/painter and soon-to-be photographer. It comes naturally to me, and I'm sure a lot of indigos can say the same.
  • Non-indigos can be naturally artistic, too. 

Anyway, here's my point: we are different. Indigos are different in a lot of ways to non-indigos, and these are just a few of them.

At the same time, we have a lot in common with the "average joe". So don't just dismiss us as some sort of new age bullshit - we're not! It's not only a spiritual thing, it's a personality thing. And that's the point I'm trying to make.


Here are some very informative websites about indigos/crystals/star children:

My friend Sophie's (a fellow indigo adults) blog entry about indigos, aptly titled "How to Tell if You Are Indigo" - this one has a couple of things that hit home with me that I still, to this day, can't find anywhere else: Sophia Gubb's Blog. I highly recommend you read this first before anything else.

A general outlining of indigo traits here


And that's it. It gets rather repetitive if you read page after page. =)
Also, on a parting note: about 10 percent out of 99 percent of Doreen Virtue's writings are bullshit. Just saying.

- Gabrielle

P.S. - If you'd like to hear and/or learn more about indigo children/adults and the star child phenomena - tune in to a show I'm co-hosting, starting tomorrow night at 8 pm Pacific Standard Time: Obscure Odyssey Radio
I'll be interviewed, as well as my friend Sophie (another indigo) and the famed astrologer Donna Cunningham - who's discovered similarities in peoples astrology charts born between 1988 and the late 90s (indigos!). It oughta be an awesome first show so be sure to tune in. =) /end shameless plug






No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments to everyone. Please do not misuse this as otherwise I'll be forced to moderate comments again.
Thanks for all your comments and feedback ahead of time.